An effective content marketing strategy helps you reach out to your target audience and convince them to opt for your product or service. Content that is well promoted will generate considerable buzz online, allowing it to be liked or shared all over the web.
While the internet is flooded with tips on content marketing, several businesses still find it difficult to make significant breakthroughs for marketing their content online. This is something that will be rectified in this article. Below are 8 of the best content marketing strategies that assure you better traffic and conversions.
- Prepare an editorial calendar: The first step in any content marketing strategy is to prepare an editorial calendar. Get all the content writers and managers in one room and have a brainstorming session to identify and finalize the content requirements for the year. Your goal should be a plan that generates quality content that can be used online to highlight your brand’s services. All content should have a focus on SEO optimization, wherever applicable.
- Make good use of a blog: Ensure that your blog content is catchy, high in quality and relevant to your company’s services. Blogs have built-in syndication that ensures your blog posts is distributed to anybody who has subscribed to your RSS feed.
- Promote your business strongly on social networking sites: If you have a strong presence on sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, then it is important that you keep populating it with relevant content for your business promotion. Don’t forget to engage with your followers as well! If you still don’t have social media presence, it is time you did otherwise you will fall behind your competitors.
- Use Google Adwords wisely: Google AdWords in an important content marketing tool that helps you reach your target audience quickly and efficiently. Just make sure that you use the right keywords or phrases in the advertorial’s title/description. Also, ensure that you stay within budget for your PPC campaign and you will do fine.
- Have links to relevant sites in your content: Give links to external blogs or sites in your content. This will ensure that your content is noticed by the bloggers or site administrators whose content you shared and they won’t mind sharing your content as well. This will help you gain maximum goodwill for your brand.
- Spend on Facebook Ads: Facebook is a great source of traffic. Create catchy and informational posts on your company’s profile page to attract maximum visibility. Also, investing in promoted posts is a good idea.
- Leverage the power of Reditt and StumbleUpon: Reditt and StumbleUpon are hugely popular sites that can guarantee some quality visibility. Make posts that can trigger good responses and you will gain quality visibility for your site.
- Add visual appeal to your content: Make use of images, infographics and videos in your content, whether it’s your website, blog or a third-party guest post. It is easier to attract readers when you have attractive images accompanying your text. Ensure that all are images used are high in quality – a pixilated image will end up doing damage to the content that accompanies it!
Hope the tips featured in this article help you handle the content for your business better! Make sure you have a quality content writer preparing material for your business. If you don’t have any writers in-house, you can get in touch with a freelancer to get your content done. So get ready and be prepared to make the most of your content marketing campaign. We wish you all the best!
About the author: Gary Taylr is a marketing consultant and works with the creative team at Promo Direct to boost sales. He is a regular participant in discussions related to business and marketing.